Frustrated by slow digital revenue growth at your Newspaper, Broadcast or hyper-local website?
So were we. That’s why we started Mel Taylor Media.
We’re all about local, online sales strategy…..that works NOW…..not sometime in the future. We’re known for blunt, yet highly effective methods that push you to run your website as a ‘profit-first’ business.
First, we remove common choke-points that stunt your digital growth. Then we install a simple 5 step process, that immediately boosts your top and bottom line revenue.
- Reduced overall Costs via Digital
- Leverage Web to grow Traditional Sales
- Grow Online-only Dollars
- Increase Ad mix via Web 101 Workshops
- Management and Staff Training
Mel Taylor Media has over 20 years of hands on success with Newspaper, Broadcast & hyper-local publishing. We’ve successfully trained over 5,000 local media executives from companies like Tribune, The New York Times, Philly.com, Fox-TV, Clear Channel Radio, Calkins Media, and hundreds of independent, hyper-local publishers.
As one of the industry’s high rated speakers, our keynotes and workshops can be attended through state organizations like INMA, Inland Press, NAB, America East, and NENPA.
When we heard Mel Taylor at the Mega-Media Conference, we all agreed: “We need to hire him.” We’re glad we did.
Mel created a strategic roadmap for moving faster and deeper into online media.
Before Mel arrived, we didn’t know where to start. After he left, we had a clear, step-by-step vision of what to do, how to execute and how to generate more revenue!
Matt Walsh, Publisher / CEO; Sarasota Observer
- As publisher of The Vancouver Observer, my background is in journalism. I’ll admit my aversion to selling, but I had to get over it. After due diligence, we hired Mel for his ability to simplify the digital sales process for hyper-local sites like ours. Mel refreshed our sales programs, pricing structures and our online inventory. Mel did in-depth sales training for our sellers using real time collaboration tools & video-Skype. Mel dramatically upgraded our sales efforts, and our site’s design and editorial strategy. Linda Solomon, Publisher; The Vancouver Observer
- Mel Taylor gets past low CPM’s & remnant ads. We hired Mel at WTEN-TV in Albany and saw immediate benefits. He trained our sales team and worked closely with the news director and web developer. Our site is now more appealing to our advertisers as well as our viewers. The best part: revenue is up. Mike Sechrist, WTEN Television, Albany, NY
- Mel is charismatic, easily captures attention of the crowd and makes the most difficult concepts seem easy. Before the client seminar (where Mel trained our sales staff) he addressed the most common objections. Our ‘Web 101 for Small Business’ seminar was a huge success; we generated over $132,000 in revenue and signed 26 new advertisers. Dan Sarko, VP Interactive; Tribune Media
‘Mel Taylor’s presentation was exactly what I needed’
‘What specific info was of greatest value to me? Mel Taylor’
‘The best & most informative for online sales’
‘Wish they were all like this’
‘One of the top rated sessions on digital revenue’
- As an event planner, rarely do I encounter a speaker of the caliber of Mel Taylor. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and well-prepared for his subject matter, he’s also a very entertaining speaker and pleasure to work with. Marsha Stoltman; America East Newspaper Conference
- Mel, your presentation was excellent! Your knowledge and experience in what works, and what doesn’t to generate online revenues is sorely needed in the Broadcast industry. Your recommendations are simple to follow, practical, and can be executed immediately. Feedback from attendees was as high as we’ve ever gotten for our webinar series. John Potter, VP Training; Radio Advertising Bureau
- Web training for local businesses has been a goal of ours, but we couldn’t find the right person until we found Mel Taylor. His broad media background coupled with his stage presence and ability to effectively de-mystify new media jargon made him perfect for the job. Our attendance figures were off the charts exceeding everyone’s expectations. His plan was detailed and made our job in event management easy. We received rave reviews for the event and met all web sales goals. We’re planning now both for an encore event for the 101 course and introducing more intermediate and advanced courses. Rhona Bronson, VP Marketing, Press of Atlantic City
For pricing and scheduling details, contact Mel Taylor Media.
Philadelphia Office: 267-625-5313